Internship Web Development Internship
Education within a college and/or university is no longer the golden ticket in today’s job market. Classes pertaining to your major will not substitute real world experience, of which should be obtained before he or she enters the business world. AGVSPORT offers a bona fide internship experience that will not only prepare you for today’s job market, but will transform you into an asset for any company YOU choose to work for. This is not an internship that consists of atypical grunt work, but hands on experience through direction and personal management.
• Strong proficiency in Windows and/or Mac operating system. Linux a plus.
• Knowledge of Photoshop as it pertains to web related tasks such as button creation, image slicing, image optimization, banner creation, etc.
• Experience with HTML, CSS and the ability to code without the use of a WYSYWIG program.
• Familiarity with Adobe Dreamweaver or equivalent programs.
• Design skills including website layout, image selection, typography and use of color.
• Up-to-date on all current market trends (SEO, Google analytics.)
• Understanding of the importance of group work as well as individual work.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and research skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Self-starter; organized; detail-oriented; able to manage time and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Basic Social Media knowledge.
• A basic understanding of Microsoft Office applications and email (Outlook.)
• A desire to learn more about trending web technologies.
• Participate in website redesign and content review.
• Website layout and interface creation and implementation, including graphics creation (banners, titles, buttons, etc.)
• Edit and update existing website content.
• Coordinate content updates and uploads to the websites.
• Review and provide regular statistical and analytical reports of website traffic.
• Integrate Blog applications and Social Networking functions into the websites and/or work with them in a stand alone environment.
• Keyword review and analysis.
• Ad banner creation.
• Cross browser testing and troubleshooting.
• Work as a team with other interns to assure office communication and organization.
• Comple long-term projects assigned by hierarchy.
By the end of this training the trainee will have learned to:
• Add real world professional web production experience to their educational credentials.
• Improve their knowledge and skills in numerous aspects of Web Development.
• Compile a portfolio of completed assignments at the end of the internship.
• Participate as part of a team, on shared assignments and projects.
• Gain a fuller understanding of the industry and customer knowledge.
• Work on a strict deadline.
• Build relationships through various networking channels.
• Utilize teamwork skills.
The position is open for as long as the student would like, but with a minimum length of 12 weeks, 21 to 35 hours/week.
This position is open to students enrolled at any college or university or a graduate looking for real world experience. The students’ interests must lie in web development.
While this is an UNPAID internship, student interns will have an opportunity to receive college credit. Contact your undergraduate advising officer for more information on academic credit.
How to ApplyStudents wishing to apply for the internship should email resumes to email@example.com. For more information, please call 1.800.777.7006.
1610 total views, 1 today