Freelance UX / Interaction design project for Konnect2, a fin tech start-up
We’re a tech startup servicing a segment of the securities trading industry. Our market segment is undergoing tremendous changes as it responds to the Dodd-Frank upheaval, while simultaneously confronting a massive data problem with decades-old technology.
With a prototype of our highly disruptive, browser-delivered platform, we have secured funding from prominent industry leaders. We have also signed a number of multibillion-dollar institutional customers, who await delivery of V1.0. We’re now building a top-flight team to deliver on the vision – with full understanding that our UX / UI designer is a critical component of that team.
Our application is data-intense and tightly tied to the fast-paced workflow of the trading business. Our business challenge is to present our inherently techie solution to users who, while perhaps brilliant in finance, are generally not particularly tech-savvy. Because we are changing a deeply entrenched business process, we need to overcome instinctive fears that lead to adoption-resistance. In order to be successful, our designer must accept this substantial challenge head-on.
Collaborate closely with founding engineers and business experts to build the best possible user experience.
Interact with and solicit feedback from our institutional customers, iterating as necessary to deliver the best possible user experience.
• UX Wireframes that meet functional design specs and requirements needs
• Key interactions and dynamic components (as needed) for UX Wireframes including pop-ups and transitions
• Widget style and theme color schemes for specific widget set (Sencha ExtJs 4.0 will be primary toolkit)
• Web page design framework and standards (e.g., style guide, color palette, typefaces and sizes)
• Layered PSDs for key non-widget design elements (e.g., logos, backgrounds)
• Web specs for key UI elements (e.g., checkboxes, buttons and form input types), framework HTML and CSS or setup for a standard web/CSS framework like LESS, Bootstrap or similar
• HTML layout for page master templates for key site pages
• Application Name/Logo and tag line for Application web site
While we anticipate a minimum initial engagement that includes at least three (3) man-months of work, we would prefer that the position develop into a long-term relationship.
How to Apply
If you consider yourself among the outstanding UX / UI designers and are looking for stimulating work on software that is solving a complicated problem, please do the following:
Provide a cover letter that explains what specifically about our project interests you and why you have the essential qualifications. (A little thought and effort will be valued.)
Provide a link to your LinkedIn profile.
- Provide a link to your portfolio or attach a PDF portfolio.
- Tell us your favorite design/developer/tech sites that you follow.
A designer who can work or meet periodically in our New Jersey office is preferred, though we will consider completely remote proposals.
Please send the above content to email@example.com with the words “I am your UX / UI Designer” in the subject line of your email.
5159 total views, 1 today