Internship IT Internship
Education within a college and/or university is no longer the golden ticket in today’s job market. Classes pertaining to your major will not substitute real world experience, of which should be obtained before he or she enters the business world. AGVSPORT offers a bona fide internship experience that will not only prepare you for today’s job market, but will transform you into an asset for any company YOU choose to work for. This is not an internship that consists of atypical grunt work, but hands on experience through direction and personal management.
• Knowledge of Microsoft, Mac, and Linux operating systems
• Basic understanding of email (Outlook)
• Completed at least two years at a college or university with a major in Information Technology or a related major
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and research skills
• Strong writing skills
• Maintaining all computers for the company
• Resolving all hardware/software issues including malware removal
• Presenting new technological information to the office staff
• Providing technical support to company employees
• Constant communication with company hierarchy
• Collaborating with other interns and group projects
• Researching new technology useful to the company
• Writing reports on IT maintenance and presenting them to the management team
• Compiling a portfolio of completed assignments at the end of the internship
By the end of this training the trainee will have learned to:
• Maintain and update Microsoft, Mac, and Linux systems
• Maintain network uptime and security
• Provide technological support to a sales team servicing an international customer base
• Participate as part of a team, on shared assignments, and projects
• Deliver presentations to the company on technological subjects
• Learn in a mentoring relationship where regular appraisal/evaluation offers opportunities to give and receive feedback
• Use project management techniques
• Utilize leadership and teamwork skills
• Prepare/deliver personal presentations
• Improve communication skills
The position is open for as long as the student would like, but with a minimum length of 12 weeks- 21 to 35 hours/week.
This position is open to students enrolled at any college or university or a graduate looking for real world experience. The students’ interests must lie in I.T., computer networking, or related fields.
While this is an UNPAID internship, student interns will have an opportunity to receive college credit. Contact your undergraduate advising officer for more information on academic credit.
How to ApplyStudents wishing to apply for the internship should email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please call 1.800.777.7006.
1222 total views, 1 today