Freelance Graphic Designer • Freelance
Lakeshore Learning Materials is one of the premier manufacturers of educational materials for early learning environments and elementary programs around the country. A multi-channel distributor with a dedicated sales division, plus catalogs, websites and over 50 store locations nationwide, Lakeshore is a multimillion-dollar company that has experienced continuous growth since its inception in 1954.
Our fast-paced Art Department located at the company’s Carson headquarters is seeking freelance graphic designers to work onsite as we create innovative designs and illustrations for our products and product packaging. In addition to possessing a solid understanding of composition, color and typography, ideal candidates must be able to take direction and transform complex information into effective visual solutions—both on time and within budget.
We’re looking for motivated self-starters who possess a high degree of personal accountability, a clear sense of ownership, and the ability to adapt to change quickly in a deadline-driven environment. Collaboration is a hallmark of product development at Lakeshore, so strong communication skills and the ability to convey design ideas are key to success. If this sounds like you, contact us right away!
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite 3 or higher* and QuarkXpress +6.5
*Mandatory software skills testing applies
• Ability to build technically sound files quickly and according to established guidelines
• Solid understanding of printing and production processes
• Experience utilizing network server and server volumes
• Excellent project management and communication skills with the confidence to ask questions
• Flexibility in schedule in order to meet hard deadlines
• Minimum 3-5 years professional experience working in the design industry
How to Apply
This is your chance to work with a talented staff in a fun, high-energy environment! If your experience and skills match our needs, apply online at http://tbe.taleo.net/NA1/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=LAKESHORE&cws=1&rid=555. Please include a web link or PDF of your portfolio. To learn more about Lakeshore Learning Materials, visit us at www.lakeshorelearning.com
1894 total views, 2 today